This may be The Goldfish Tank, but we know that many of you choose to keep your goldfish outdoors, in a pond, rather than in a home aquarium. That’s why we’ve created this seven part guide to goldfish ponds!
As goldfish can grow to such a large size, a garden pond can be a great place to keep your fish. However, building and maintaining a goldfish pond can be a daunting task for anyone used to keeping goldfish in a tank.
In the articles below, we cover everything from choosing the size and position of your goldfish pond, purchasing suitable equipment, adding plants and fixtures, adding goldfish and keeping your goldfish healthy all year round!
1. Where to place a goldfish pond: Find the perfect spot for your garden pond.
2. Types of goldfish pond: We explain the three main types of goldfish pond and help you choose the right type of pond for you.
3. Goldfish pond size: How big does your pond need to be? We discuss the size, depth and surface area needed to keep your fish healthy.
4. Goldfish pond equipment: Find out what you need to build and maintain your goldfish pond.
5. How to build a goldfish pond: we explain how to build your goldfish pond in 12 easy steps.
6. Pond plants and fixtures: Find out what plants and fixtures you should consider adding to your new pond.
7. Adding goldfish to a pond: We explain how to add goldfish to a pond and how to keep them happy and healthy all year round.